Deloitte Consulting is the implementing partner for the USAID Nepal Hydropower Development Project (NHDP) in Nepal. The NHDP will focus to expand access to modern, high quality hydropower services for the citizens of Nepal and to realize the potential for Nepal’s hydropower exports in South Asia. The project will accomplish this by facilitating private sector investment in hydropower resources in Nepal in an environmentally and socially sustainable manner. The project will also support the restructuring of the electricity sector to create viable, efficient national power services and promote expanded electricity trade between India and Nepal.
The Sr. Procurement and Administrative Officer manages the procurement and administrative unit and is fully responsible for effective delivery of procurement & administrative services to the project unit. She will also help draft, design and implement project policies and procedures. He/She will be responsible for supervising the project support team that handles all project operational tasks, including IT, administration, procurement, logistics & travel management, He/she will also take the lead on informing project leadership regarding evaluating office procedures and looking for more efficient ways of conducting processes. Overall, the Kathmandu office will support about 15 project staff members. He/She should manage the security needs of the project staff and take responsibility for the preparation and effective implementation of project security plans, and should also take lead on reporting security updates to project leadership and home office as appropriate.
The position reports directly to the Director of Finance, Accounting and Compliance (DFAC).
- Procurement and Asset Management
- Proactively take lead on liaising with project team to identify procurement needs
- Develop and design strategic procurement planning systems and provide budget inputs
- Manage vendor relationships and procurement of services and goods in accordance with USAID rules and regulations
- Manage competitive bidding, proposal evaluation, assessment of quotations and vendor selection processes
- Participate in continuous improvement of procurement processes, procedures and systems and coordinate with other departments, DFAC and project team as appropriate
- Responsible for accurate inventory of office furniture and equipment by location and facilitate regular monitoring and checks from project leadership.
- As project asset manager, take lead on updating Deloitte Sunflower system, and liaise directly with home office on inventory tracking per firm policies and procedures;
- Maintain and implement internal control systems with regard to equipment and procurements
- Liaise directly with home office Procurement team on full life cycle of procurement activity (including SOW development, defining specifications, market research, technical evaluations, price analysis, vendor negotiations, and selection)
- Oversee establishment and maintenance of proper filing and record keeping for procurement activities
- Supervise subcontractor and vendor performance, and analyze and reconcile supplier invoices for all ordered and supplied goods and services, and provide all required backup documentation to the finance office as appropriate
- Responsible for coordinating with finance team on subcontractor tracking, recurring payments and keeping vendors active in the system
- Event Management of services and supplies for trainings/workshops/seminars/events & field visits in accordance with the work plan
- Lead facility management and ensuring the building meets Fire, Health and Safety requirements.
- Lead weekly security reporting process and communication of threats and advisories to team
- Inform project security decisions for project leadership and liaise with home office Security Management team when needed
- Provide security advice to the Director of Finance, Administration & Compliance (DFAC), the Chief of Party and Corporate Security, for existing and potential threats that might arise and coordinate with other reliable bodies & sources to assess the current security situation
- Take lead on the security assessments in the field locations if required and the establishment of effective physical and procedural security measures
- Conduct investigation of security cases, traffic incidents and petty crime
- Primary relationship manager with the contracted company regarding the 24/7 security guard services provided to project offices
- Work closely with DFAC to develop and implement contingency and evacuation planning in the event of any health or security emergency
- Draft security advisories with advice on risk mitigation for project staff on the general security situation, specific incidents and during periods of heightened threat
- Maintain and periodically test security and communication measures
- Develop and lead delivery of security, fire, life safety training and briefings for all staff
- Monitor and implement security policies and procedures to ensur compliance
- Manage all the first aid and emergency supplies at office in case of any emergency situation
Client Delivery and Technical Assistance:
- Participate in program and activity design for project counterparts (such as Investment Board of Nepal) with regard to public outreach and communications
- Monitor and supervise subcontractor performance of technical assistance to GON counterparts
- Lead communications/outreach related activity budgeting process
- Coordinate with counterparts as needed to finalize and execute logistics to support project activities
Travel and Transport Coordination:
- Supervise travel arrangements (hotel, airport pick-up, etc.), ensuring necessary logistics & travel insurance are in place
- Lead client communications to USAID on international travel approvals, e-country travel clearances, maintaining emergency contact information, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate transport requests for all NHDP Advisors/staff daily
- Develop and design travel-related policies and procedures, such as Deployment Guide
- Oversee detailed tracking and inventory of fuel management and vehicle log
- Lead vehicle maintenance activities & ensure that vehicle logs properly filled
- Primary relationship manager and supervisor for vehicle provider and driver
- Primary relationship manager with travel agents, responsible for ensuring compliance with federal travel rules and regulations
- Primary relationship manager with Kathmandu hotels (for STTA travel as well as project events)
- Perform market research and manage travel planning process for field visits outside of Kathmandu
Office and Facilities Management:
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office operations and systems, layouts, and equipment procurement if required.
- Take the lead on designing and implementing office policies by coordinating with project leadership to establish standards and procedures.
- Manage filing systems; develop and implement effective administrative systems, such as record management and analysis of office maintenance, kitchen and office supply expenditures to help manage the budget;
- Ensure a positive working environment and respond to project staff inquiries and complaints
- Ensure all the office supplies are in place and available at right time and the right place
- Manage vendors and maintenance contracts related to generators, AC’s, plumbing, electricity, and janitorial services
- Manage quality control and timely repairs and maintenance of office equipment and assets
- Oversee and conduct periodic inspections of equipment and asset inventory
Other Administrative Duties:
- Supervise office guards, driver, cleaning staff, IT consultant, and administrative assistant
- Manage the full life cycle of visa renewal processes for expatriate staff
- Coordinate with Government of Nepal counterparts on access/entry requirements, visa processing, clearances for study tours, and other administrative requirements
- Master’s Degree in related discipline required
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience required in similar or progressive roles
- Experience working in procurement and administration within the donor-contractor industry; USAID experience is strongly preferred
- Fluent in written and spoken Nepali
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Team player, willing to take direction from project management and work with others
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Sound computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office® applications, particularly Word and Excel; Experience with MS PowerPoint, Access or Project a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and writing skills
- Flexible and adaptive personality
- Professional integrity and discretion in the handling of confidential information and data
- Experience with project start-up and closeout, and asset management strongly preferred
Please ensure resume DOES NOT INCLUDE personal information such as gender, age, marital status, ethnicity, religion.
Before applying this job, you must agree with our terms & conditions.
Trouble while applying?
1. For registered users:
Login to Starhrs.com with your valid and registered user name and password.
2. For new users
sign up for new account.
3. Click the 'Apply' button on the page.
4. Check 'dashboard' on your profile to confirm your application status. If you have successfully applied, the job position, job status and the organization name will be displayed in the list.
Applications without disclosure of all required job application information shall be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process(es). The organization reserve the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatever.
Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.